Skip to content
- Monday, January 11, 2016, 11:00 a.m.: The NOCALL January Business Meeting was held at the offices of McDermott, Will & Emery in Menlo Park. Pablo Arredondo of Casetext described their product. A sandwich and salad buffet was provided. Registration information is here.
- March 15, 2016. Nominations Deadline for two NOCALL Awards: The 2016 Professional Achievement Award, whereby an individual is recognized for notable and enduring contributions to the Chapter and the profession, and The 2016 Award for Advocacy, recognizing a member of the NOCALL community for valuable and enduring contributions affecting law librarians, law libraries, and legal patrons everywhere. Further information about each award and the forms for submitting nominations are available at: http://nocall.org/officers-committees/awards/nominations/. Submissions are welcome anytime between then and now by sending nomination documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 15, 2016, 6:00–8:30 p.m.: Sunshine Week 2016 Panel Discussion: Delivering Data for Open Government presented by the Special Libraries Association San Francisco Bay Region Chapter & the Northern California Association of Law Libraries at Nile Hall at Preservation Park, 668 13th St., Oakland CA 94612. The panelists are Mae Nguyen from the California Office of The Attorney General’s Open Justice Team and Miriam Marks, Data Director at MapLight. Registration info is here.
- March 18, 2016, 8:15 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. : NOCALL’s Spring Institute will take place at Santa Clara University’s Benson Memorial Center, in the Mission California Room, with concurrent programs there and in Conference Room 21 on the basement level. See the Institute website for details. Registration closed on March 9th; we cannot accept registration at the Institute. Contact Michael Ginsborg with questions.
- The 2016 NOCALL Board Election began March 1st and concluded on Tuesday, March 22nd, at 11:59 p.m. See the candidates’ biographies.
- May 4, 2016, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: May Business meeting was hosted by Michael Ginsborg at the offices of Arnold & Porter at the Embarcadero Center San Francisco. Presentation of the NOCALL Professional Achievement Award to Les Forrester and the NOCALL Advocacy Award to Marlene Harmon. Installation of the new NOCALL Board — Michael Ginsborg (Pres.), Ramona Martinez (VP-Pres. Elect), Rachael Samberg (Treasurer), Jessica Brasch and Leslie Hesdorfer (Members-at-Large). Ellen Platt continues as Past-President and Mary Pinard Johnson continues as Secretary.
Board Meeting Minutes
Business Meeting Minutes
- Friday, May 13, 2016: Deadline for grant applications to attend this summer’s AALL Annual Meeting in Chicago, July 16-19. One $300 grant will be awarded to a NOCALL member.
- Saturday, July 16, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM: Pacific Chapters Joint Reception at AALL’s Annual Meeting in Chicago at Portillo’s 100 W. Ontario St. Chicago, IL 60654
- Tuesday, September 22, 2016, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM: NOCALL Fall Business Meeting and Luncheon, Downey Brand LLP, 621 Capitol Mall, 18th floor, Sacramento, CA 95814. Guest Speaker was Catherine Blakemore, Executive Director of Disability Rights California and Vice Chair of the State Bar’s California Commission on Access to Justice, who spoke on “Closing the Justice Gap Chasm – A Legal Services Program Working to Achieve 100% Success.”
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016 – NOCALL Networking event in San Francisco at the Pink Elephant Alibi (142 Minna St at New Montgomery St) from 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM.
- Saturday, Nov. 5th: NOCALL goes to the SF (no, wait, Oakland!) Zoo. NOCALLers will meet at the entrance at 10:30 am. Family and friends are welcome. Please bring cash for admission.