- The Government Law Libraries-SIS Awards Committee is seeking nominations for the five awards listed below. The deadline is March 2, 2020.
Bethany J. Ochal Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession
Nominate a GLL-SIS member who has made a significant contribution to law librarianship and is nearing the end of their library career or has recently retired.
Connie E. Bolden Publication Award
Nominate a GLL-SIS member for their contribution to the field of government law librarianship through a scholarly publication on a topic of concern to government law libraries. The publication must be authored by a GLL-SIS member and have been published in print or electronically within the last year.
Law Library Advocate Award
Nominate a law library supporter's substantial contribution towards the advancement and improvement of a government law library's service or visibility.
Dr. Joel Fishman Professional Publication Award
Nominate a GLL-SIS member for their contribution to the field of government law librarianship through a professional publication that promotes government law libraries, law librarianship, legal research, or public access to legal information. The publication must be authored by a GLL-SIS member and have been published in print or electronically within the last year.
O. James Werner Award for Distinguished Service to Persons with Disabilities
Nominate a GLL-SIS member who has made a significant contribution to serving or arranging for services to be provided to persons with disabilities, or for distinctive service by a person with a disability.Submit nomination forms to jwillis :AT: saclaw.org
- President Stilwell is thrilled to announce the slate for NOCALL 2020-2021. Polls will open on March 23rd and remain open for two weeks. Your candidates are:
- Vice-President/President-Elect: Delia Montesinos, Senior Competitive Intelligence Research Analyst, Ropes & Gray LLP
- Treasurer: Jean Willis, Assistant Director for Support Services, Sacramento County Public Law Library
- Member at Large #1: Chuck Marcus, Faculty Services Librarian, U.C. Hastings
- Member at Large #2: Kristin Brandt, Reference Librarian University of California Davis