- January 13, 2004: Business Meeting and Luncheon, Marines’ Memorial Building, San Francisco, CA. Lunch underwritten by West/Thomson.
- March 19-20, 2004: Spring Institute - Navigating the Seven C’s: Continuing Education, Contract Negotiation, CACI, Consortia, Career Development, Cinema, California.Holiday Inn Golden Gateway (1500 Van Ness, San Francisco). “Advanced Management for All Law Libraries: Leadership Skills for Library Managers” (free preconference program Friday morning from 9-12, sponsored by LexisNexis; separate registration required – information here)
- Hotel: Book by February 17 - Rooms at the Holiday Inn are available to Institute attendees at the reduced rate of $105 plus tax per night. Rates are good March 16 through March 24, but reservations must be made by 2/17/2004. Please follow this link to book a room: http://tinyurl.com/3beyf.
- Conference Registration: Register by March 15 (early registration: February 29)
- For more information, contact: Tina Dumas, M.L.S., NOCALL Vice President/President Elect 2003-2004 Nixon Peabody LLP.
- May 19 -20, 2004: Business Meeting and Luncheon at Fat City Bar & Cafe in Sacramento, CA. Join your colleagues as we conduct serious business, including installation of new officers and voting on by-law changes, in the ambience of historic old Sacramento. We shall meet in the Eclectic Room of Fat City Bar & Cafe, which occupies a building constructed by pioneer Sam Brannan that housed what is reputed to be the first store established after the city of Sacramento was laid out. The Fat family, known for their Sacramento restaurants including the legendary Frank Fat’s, has restored the exterior to its original 1849 appearance. We meet at 11:30 for the luncheon, meeting, and installation of officers. The Daily Journal is generously underwriting the luncheon as they did last year, so there is no cost to attend. Please e-mail NOCALL Secretary Diane Rodriguez to RSVP and don’t forget to tell her what you would like for lunch.
- July 10-14, 2004: AALL 97th Annual Meeting & Conference:Boston to Mumbai: The World of Legal Information. Boston, MA
- July 11, 2004 - Pacific Chapters Joint Reception/Dinner - On Sunday, July 11 in Boston, NOCALL members are invited to join other West-coast AALL Chapter colleagues from
- Law Librarians of Puget Sound (LLOPS)
- San Diego Area Law Libraries (SANDALL)
- Southern California Association of Law Libraries (SCALL)
- Western Pacific Association of Law Libraries (WESTPAC)
for a reception from 6:30 to 8 pm in the Commonwealth Room of the Sheraton Boston (get a little grub on before the AALL Annual Meeting Opening Reception, which begins at 8:30 in the Hynes Convention Center Ballroom). Event to be sponsored by West Group. If you would like to attend, you are strongly encouraged to RSVP to Liz Carroll, SANDALL President.
- September 22nd, 2004: Fall Business Meeting and Reception at Heller Ehrman in Menlo Park. 3 p.m. Reception underwritten by Global Securities, Inc.
- December 8, 2004: Fall Education Workshop. 455 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco.