- January 30, 2013: NOCALL Business Meeting - and Lunch at Stanford Law School. The guest speaker will be Ron Tyler, Associate Professor of Law and Director of the Criminal Defense Clinic at Stanford. Ron’s research focus is on wellness in the practice of law, and wellness practice in general. The program topic is Wellness Practice and the Practice of Law
- Schedule: 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. = Registration/Networking
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. = Guest Speaker Ron Tyler
- 12:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. = Lunch/NOCALL Business Meeting
- Lunch Menu: Sandwiches / Salads / Beverages; Lunch Cost: $15.00 per person– To register, please complete the registration form and email it to Chuck Marcus or fax it to him at 415-581-8849. Please note that payment for lunch will be accepted at the door. Checks should be made payable to NOCALL. Please RSVP no later than January 22, 2013.
- February 8, 2013: NOCALL Networking in SF - If you didn’t get the chance to haul yourself down to Stanford for the January Business meeting and you’re jonesin’ for some NOCALL conversation, bring yourself to San Francisco for some delicious dining at the SOMA StrEAT food park. http://somastreatfoodpark.com/ President Chuck and Julie Horst will be there at 5 PM and they hope to see YOU. Look for them in the Beer Garden!
- March 1, 2013: NOCALL Grants are Due - Grant applications will be accepted for NOCALL members interested in attending the NOCALL Spring Institute April 12-13. Please see the NOCALL grant application.
- March 10, 2013: Hotel Discount Rate - To receive the discounted rate at the NOCALL Spring Institute hotel, Sacramento Holiday Inn, please make your reservations by March 10. Rooms are $102 per night for standard rooms or suites (as available). Room rates quoted are exclusive of local taxes and assessment fees. Self-parking for hotel guests is $14 per night ($17 per night for valet parking). Reservations can be made by calling the Reservation Department at (877) 834-3613 or (916) 446-0100. Attendees must reference the Northern CA Association of Law Libraries or ANO when making the reservation for the guaranteed rate
- March 14, 2013: NOCALL Networking Event: Bookbinding! - Join NOCALL friends at the San Francisco Center for the Book (Potrero Hill, S.F.) for an “Intro to Bookbinding” workshop” on Thursday, March 14 from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The networking committee is still sorting out final pricing (expect it to be between $50-$60). A few spaces left, please e-mail the Networking Committee.
- March 20, 2013: Lunch and Learn - Attorney and noted author James M. Wagstaffe will be speaking to us on how to “Romance the Room” and give a great presentation from 12pm to 1:30pm at O’Melveny & Myers. Please RSVP with Lori Ruth. Seating is limited so please RSVP early!
- March 21, 2013: NOCALL Awards Nominations - are due. For more details about the Professional Development Award and Advocacy Award (including past winners, qualifications, and the nomination forms) please click here. Nomination forms and supporting documentation should be submitted to Holly Riccio, via e-mail or the address below, no later than Friday, March 21, 2013.
Holly M. Riccio
Library Manager, San Francisco
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Two Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
- March 22, 2013: NOCALL Election - Please submit your online votes here for the 2013 NOCALL Election. Before you begin to fill out your ballot, please take the time to get to know your candidates by reading each individual biography under the Candidate Biographies section.
- April 12-13, 2013: NOCALL Spring Institute - Fruitful Endeavors: Meeting and Exceeding the Challenges of the New Normal