- January 30, 2013: NOCALL Business Meeting – and Lunch at Stanford Law School. The guest speaker will be Ron Tyler, Associate Professor of Law and Director of the Criminal Defense Clinic at Stanford. Ron’s research focus is on wellness in the practice of law, and wellness practice in general. The program topic is Wellness Practice and the Practice of Law
- Schedule: 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. = Registration/Networking
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. = Guest Speaker Ron Tyler
- 12:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. = Lunch/NOCALL Business Meeting
- Lunch Menu: Sandwiches / Salads / Beverages; Lunch Cost: $15.00 per person– To register, please complete the registration form and email it to Chuck Marcus or fax it to him at 415-581-8849. Please note that payment for lunch will be accepted at the door. Checks should be made payable to NOCALL. Please RSVP no later than January 22, 2013.
- February 8, 2013: NOCALL Networking in SF – If you didn’t get the chance to haul yourself down to Stanford for the January Business meeting and you’re jonesin’ for some NOCALL conversation, bring yourself to San Francisco for some delicious dining at the SOMA StrEAT food park. http://somastreatfoodpark.com/ President Chuck and Julie Horst will be there at 5 PM and they hope to see YOU. Look for them in the Beer Garden!
- March 1, 2013: NOCALL Grants are Due – Grant applications will be accepted for NOCALL members interested in attending the NOCALL Spring Institute April 12-13. Please see the NOCALL grant application.
- March 10, 2013: Hotel Discount Rate - To receive the discounted rate at the NOCALL Spring Institute hotel, Sacramento Holiday Inn, please make your reservations by March 10. Rooms are $102 per night for standard rooms or suites (as available). Room rates quoted are exclusive of local taxes and assessment fees. Self-parking for hotel guests is $14 per night ($17 per night for valet parking). Reservations can be made by calling the Reservation Department at (877) 834-3613 or (916) 446-0100. Attendees must reference the Northern CA Association of Law Libraries or ANO when making the reservation for the guaranteed rate
- March 14, 2013: NOCALL Networking Event: Bookbinding! - Join NOCALL friends at the San Francisco Center for the Book (Potrero Hill, S.F.) for an “Intro to Bookbinding” workshop” on Thursday, March 14 from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. The networking committee is still sorting out final pricing (expect it to be between $50-$60). A few spaces left, please e-mail the Networking Committee.
- March 20, 2013: Lunch and Learn - Attorney and noted author James M. Wagstaffe will be speaking to us on how to “Romance the Room” and give a great presentation from 12pm to 1:30pm at O’Melveny & Myers. Please RSVP with Lori Ruth. Seating is limited so please RSVP early!
- March 21, 2013: NOCALL Awards Nominations - are due. For more details about the Professional Development Award and Advocacy Award (including past winners, qualifications, and the nomination forms) please click here. Nomination forms and supporting documentation should be submitted to Holly Riccio, via e-mail or the address below, no later than Friday, March 21, 2013.
Holly M. Riccio
Library Manager, San Francisco
O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Two Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111
- March 22, 2013: NOCALL Election - Please submit your online votes here for the 2013 NOCALL Election. Before you begin to fill out your ballot, please take the time to get to know your candidates by reading each individual biography under the Candidate Biographies section.
- April 12-13, 2013: NOCALL Spring Institute - Fruitful Endeavors: Meeting and Exceeding the Challenges of the New Normal. Handouts and other documents from the 2013 NOCALL Spring Institute Fruitful Endeavors: Meeting and Exceeding the Challenges of the New Normal, are available on the event page.
- May 29, 2013: NOCALL Business Meeting – Please mark your calendars for the 2013 May Business Meeting! We will be having this annual luncheon at Scala’s Bistro in the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. The tentative schedule of events is as follows: 11:30 – 12:00 No Host Bar | Socializing | Registration 12:00 Lunch 12:30 Short Program – The program portion of the meeting will include the swearing in of the 2013-2014 NOCALL Board and the presentation of the Professional Achievement and Advocacy Awards. To register, please complete this online registration form. The cost of the luncheon is $15.00 per person. Menu choices will be taken at the restaurant. Please send payments to:
NOCALL c/o Chuck Marcus UC Hastings Law Library 200 McAllister St. 4th Floor San Francisco, CA 94102
Please note that payments will also be accepted at the door. Checks should be made payable to NOCALL. This luncheon is subsidized by a generous contribution from Thomson Reuters. Registration deadline is Thursday, May 23, 2013.
- Call for Volunteers – Please check out the Officers & Committees page for a list of current committees, along with the Committee charges. Anyone interested in volunteering for a NOCALL Committee is cordially invited to contact Jean Willis, NOCALL President, or the Committee Chair to express your interest in volunteering. Thanks to everyone who has already volunteered for NOCALL Committees.
- June 27, 2013: Librarian Mashup/Networking Event – Join Librarians of NOCALL, SLA & BayNet at The Holding Company, Promenade Level of Embarcadero Two in the Financial District of San Francisco from 5 pm to 7 pm. Please RSVP to Rachael Samberg.
- Saturday, July 13, 2013: Pacific Chapters Joint Reception sponsored by Keller Rohrback L.L.P. and LLOPS, NOCALL, SANDALL, SCALL and WestPAC. Daily Grill Restaurant, 629 Pike Street, Seattle (next to Sheraton Hotel, corner of Pike and 7th St.).
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013: Pike Brewing Company, 1415 1st Ave, Seattle (between Pike & Union, about 6 blocks down Pike from the Convention Center). NOCALL will provide some appetizers, drinks on your own, beer/wine/full bar.
- Saturday, August 3, 2013, 11 am to noon: SLA/NOCALL private tour of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, led by former NOCALL & SLA member, and museum docent, Wynne Dobbins!
- Thursday, September 12, 2013, 11:30 am to 2:00 pm: NOCALL September Business Meeting at Ten22 Restaurant in Old Sacramento. Easy access by train or close to the I-5 with easy & subsidized parking. Michael Vitiello, Distinguished Professor of Law, Director, Center for Advocacy and Dispute Resolution, Pacific McGeorge School of Law, will speak about issues concerning the legalization of marijuana and medical marijuana. Link to Registration Form.
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: NOCALL Fall Workshop. The Northern California Association of Law Libraries (NOCALL) will offer the Fall Workshop 2013 at Golden Gate University School of Law, 536 Mission Street in San Francisco. This year’s speaker, David Greene, Senior Staff Attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, will address the controversial issue of telecom digital surveillance programs. After his presentation, attendees will enjoy lunch and small group facilitated discussions about the topics covered. NOCALL will be offering the workshop FREE to members this year (lunch included)! Space is limited, so an RSVP is required. To reserve a spot, email your name and institution to email@example.com. Also, please indicate whether you would prefer a vegetarian or non-vegetarian lunch. Thank you to CEB for co-sponsoring this event.
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013: NOCALL 4 Corners Holiday Socials. Here are details about gatherings in San Francisco, Sacramento, the South Bay and Peninsula, and Fresno, including the names of people to contact if you need more information. NOCALL will provide appetizers; drinks are on your own:
- San Francisco – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
55 Cyril Magnin Street
Contact: Julie Horst
- Sacramento – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
2422 13th Street
Contact: Coral Henning
- South Bay/Peninsula – 5:15 p.m. to 7 p.m.
191 Restaurant and Bar
191 Castro Street
(close to the train station, with free public parking nearby)
Contacts: Sharon Lahey or Ellen Platt
- Fresno - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
715 East Shaw
Contact: Kerry Prindiville
- San Francisco – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.