Skip to content
- NOCALL’s January Business Meeting & Luncheon was held on Friday, January 18, 2019 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM in Charney Hall at Santa Clara University. The speaker was Prof. Michele Oberman who discussed her latest book on reproductive freedom in Central America. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYNt-wHViKs
- NOCALL’s first ever Trivia and Pizza Night was Wednesday, February 6, 2019. Networking from 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM then 5 teams challenged each other at the San Francisco Law Library, 1145 Market St.
- NOCALL’s 2019 Spring Institute was Friday, March 22, 2019 at the Milton Marks Conference Center in San Francisco. Stay tuned for links to recordings.
- NOCALL’s May Business Meeting was held at the Marine’s Memorial Library in San Francisco on Friday, May 17, 2019 from 11:30 A.M. – 1:30 P.M. Members toasted our lost members Coral Henning and Donna Purvis, welcomed the new Board, and honored our colleagues who’ve contributed so much during their time as NOCALL members: Holly Riccio (Professional Achievement Award) and David McFadden (Advocacy Award).
- Local SLA members joined with NOCALL members for The Genesis of Online Search: a look back to literature searching before the digital age and the early evolution of online search. Speakers were Roger Summit, founder and chairman emeritus of Dialog, and Elizabeth Trudell, Dialog executive from 1983-2013. Held Mon, May 20, 2019 at 6:00 PM. in the Mechanics’ Institute, 57 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94104.
- There was a celebration of Coral’s life held on Saturday, June 1 in Sacramento at the Sierra 2 Center | Curtis Hall and Garden | 2791 24th Street | Sacramento, CA 95818. Donations in Coral’s memory may be made to the Food Literacy Center. Online donations are accepted, or mail a check to: Food Literacy Center | PO Box 188706 | Sacramento, CA 95818
- SANDALL arranged this year’s AALL Pacific Joint Chapters Reception held at City Tap House at Penn Quarter, Washington DC on Saturday, July 13 from 6:30-8:30 pm
Meanwhile for those still in Northern California, on July 16th there was a Left Behind party for those NOT attending AALL at Mission Bowl.
- SF NOCALL Four Corners Party was at The Pink Elephant Alibi (142 Minna St.) in San Francisco on Tuesday, December 10 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Enjoy some NOCALL company and free appetizers! Like our generous colleagues to the south, we will also be collecting donations for a good cause! We collected canned goods and other non-perishable good items for the SF-Marin Food Bank. If you can’t join us but would still like to donate, you can do so by donating to our online food drive.