If you are looking for a position
- Subscribe to the NOCALL listserv (instructions here.) By checking the listserv frequently, you will have immediate access to job announcements and you can send your resume directly to the employer. You are encouraged to enclose a cover letter mentioning that you saw the listing on the NOCALL listserv and offer a brief review of your qualifications.
- Additionally, you can check the job listings on our web page where positions are announced usually within 24 hours of the Placement chair’s posting of POSITION AVAILABLE on the listserv.
- If you have questions about the job market, please don’t hesitate to call the Placement Chair, Robyn Moltzen, 916-874-6677.
If you are a prospective employer recruiting for a position
- Send your position announcement via email to the Placement Committee, Robyn Moltzen firstname.lastname@example.org and Judy Heier email@example.com .
- The Committee will then post it on the NOCALL listserv and on the web page. If you would like your position posted on the Southern California Association of Law Libraries listserv or the SANDALL listserv, please indicate so.
- It is also possible to post the position in the newsletter, but timing is such an important factor (deadlines and frequency of publication) that it is not always the most effective route. The position listing should be sent by the Chair to the Newsletter Chair, with a follow-up at publication deadline to ascertain whether the position is still available.
- Please feel free to call the Placement Chair, Robyn Moltzen, if you have any questions at all (916-874-6677). The Placement Committee welcomes the opportunity to discuss your situation and to advise what a law librarian can do for you.
- There is no charge for any of our placement services. We simply ask that you inform us when the position is filled.