- Plan and manage all aspects of the Spring Institute (see below for details)
- Represent NOCALL at the SCALL Institute.
- Serve on and attend all NOCALL Executive Board Meetings.
- Act as liaison to committees, as directed by the President.
- Coordinate with the Treasurer to become a signatory on NOCALL bank accounts.
- In the absence of the President, assume duties and responsibilities such as: conducting Board meetings and signing checks.
The Vice-President / President-Elect is in charge of organizing the Spring Institute and may appoint additional committee members as needed.
- To organize a Spring Institute of educational value to the association members.
- Assemble Committee and assign/divide tasks.
- Determine location with consideration given to accessibility (public transportation, out of town/area access, etc.) and affordability.
- Select date. Consideration must be given not to conflict with SCALL, SANDALL, WESTPAC Institutes and AALL Spring Board Meeting events. (It is also good to avoid National Library Week if possible).
- Determine and coordinate budget.
- Confirm event insurance is current with NOCALL Treasurer.
- Select and secure venue.
- Determine topic and theme. (Consult with the Education Committee to avoid redundancy).
- Develop educational programming and acquire speakers.
- Consider applying for a AALL/BNA Continuing Education Program grant for cutting-edge programs.
- Coordinate vendor sponsorships and exhibitors.
- Arrange for all aspects of Institute including room block, meals, audio/visual needs, handouts, etc.
- Coordinate registration.
- Coordinate advertising and create brochure.
- Coordinate AALL liaison with AALL Liaison Committee.
- Coordinate networking opportunities with Networking Committee.
- Create Institute web page with the Web Page Committee.
- Coordinate with Grants Committee to arrange for grants.
- Coordinate President’s Dinner with President.
- Attend and oversee the Spring Institute.
- Spring Institute Committee members’ registration fees are waived.
- Report final budget, attendance, and outcome to the Board.