- Time commitment: Monthly Board Meetings, 1 to 2 hours. 7 to 10 hours per month of “real treasurer work.”
- Prepare Treasurer’s Report for every Board Meeting.
- Prepare Treasurer’s Report for Membership 3 times per year.
- Coordinate adding the President and Vice-President as signatories to the NOCALL bank account.
- Reconcile bank statement.
- Continuously update organizational electronic ledger.
- Make deposits.
- Reimburse NOCALL members for approved expenses and pay bills.
- Make a copy of every check for Treasurer’s own record.
- Process incoming checks – this can take lots of time, especially in late summer and early fall when all the membership renewals come in and/or anytime there is a NOCALL sponsored educational program, institute or workshop.
- Prepare State Board of Equalization Tax Return which is due July 30 for 7/1-6/30 of previous year.
- File Federal and State tax returns by 10/15 of each year. The Federal Form 990-EZ can be found here. The State’s 199 form is available here.
- Provide tax status statements for any organization upon request.
- Provide vendors with up-to-date W-9 (blank form here).
- Pick up mail from mailbox (or make arrangements for someone else to pick-up mail).
- Exchange phone calls and email messages with NOCALL President and other board members.
- Answer miscellaneous questions and resolve problems.