- Time commitment: September, January, and May Board and Business Meetings, 1 to 2 hours plus travel time. 1 hour per month of “real treasurer work.”
- Prepare Treasurer’s Report for Board Meetings.
- Prepare Treasurer’s Report for Membership 3 times per year.
- Coordinate adding the President as signatories to the NOCALL bank account.
- Reconcile bank statement.
- Make deposits.
- Reimburse NOCALL members for approved expenses and pay bills.
- Pay for items using the Visa debit card.
- Arrange to prepay for a one night stay for the VP’s hotel for the Spring Institute.
- Process incoming checks – this can take more time, especially in late summer and early fall when all the membership renewals come in and/or anytime there is a NOCALL sponsored educational program, institute or workshop. However most members pay online so this task is becoming less and less time burdensome.
- File Federal and State tax returns by 10/15 of each year. The Federal Form 990-EZ can be found here. The State’s 199 form is available here.
- Provide tax status statements for any organization upon request.
- Provide vendors with up-to-date W-9 (blank form here).
- Transfer money from PayPal into our checking account every month.
- Pick up mail from mailbox (or make arrangements for someone else to pick-up mail). We have gone paperless for the most part so there is rarely mail.
- Have clear communication with the Board regarding filing the Federal and State tax returns.
- Answer miscellaneous questions and resolve problems.