- The President of NOCALL begins the term of office on June 1. The President serves as the chief executive officer of the association and is responsible for leading and facilitating the work of the board. The President also oversees the activities of the association to ensure that it is meeting the needs of the members and fulfilling its mission.
- Presides at all business meetings of the Executive Board (as scheduled) and the association (September, January and May).
- Schedules Executive Board meetings and prepares and circulates agenda prior to the meetings.
- Appoints chairs of NOCALL standing committees, ad hoc committees, head of special projects and liaisons to special projects. Encourages members to volunteer on a committee.
- Requests an estimated budget for each committee from the Audit & Budget committee for approval by the Board no later than the second Board meeting of the year.
- Coordinates the activities of the Board in formulating or modifying policies and major programs of the organization.
- Conducts periodic review of the association.
- Reviews and signs contracts and other legal documents.
- Writes a message to the membership for each NOCALL News, and coordinates other announcements with the newsletter editor.
- Represents the association to AALL, other library groups, and the public.
- Attends the AALL Council of Chapter Presidents Meeting held during the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Prepares and submits an annual report on NOCALL activities and programs at the end of the term to AALL Executive Office.
- Notifies candidates running for NOCALL positions of election results and sends letter of confirmation to the winners.