2018 – 2019 Committee Members
Robyn M. Moltzen, Chair
Judy Heier, Committee Member
The mission of the NOCALL Placement Committee is to join prospective employers with job seekers of law librarian positions. Additionally, our mission is to promote law librarianship in the community at every opportunity.
In the interest of expediency and efficiency, most of the Placement Committee procedures are now electronic. If a job seeker or employer does not have access to e-mail, alternative options are available.
Procedures for job seekers:
1. Become a NOCALL member and subscribe to the NOCALL listserv. Check out https://nocall.org/listserv/ for more information on how to subscribe to the listserv.
2. Alternatively, if you are not a member of NOCALL, but do have access to the Internet, check the job listings on our web page: www.nocall.org . The positions are put up on the web page usually within 24-48 hours of the POSITION AVAILABLE listserv announcement.
Procedures for prospective employers:
1. Send your position announcement via email to the Placement Committee at email@example.com. Preferred format is either a WORD or RTF attachment. The Committee will post it on the NOCALL listserv and on the NOCALL website Jobs page. To have your position sent out on the SANDALL listserv, please indicate so, and we can post it there directly. To have your position posted on SCALL (Southern California Association of Law Libraries), please e-mail position information to the SCALL Placement Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedures for the Committee:
1. Currently, the Placement Committee consists of two people. The Chair posts positions on the website and on the San Jose State Jobs website. the Member sends out the position on the NOCALL listserv.
2. The Placement Committee has a uniform format for the position announcements on the listserv, e.g. POSITION AVAILABLE on the subject line followed by the city. This will make it easy to search the NOCALL archives for previous announcements.
3. Encourage employers to let you know when they fill a position. This is necessary to maintain currency of the website. If we do not hear back from employers that the position has been filled, current practice is to maintain 5 months plus the current month of positions. As the new month begins the Chair will remove older positions in order to maintain 5 months plus the current month of positions listed.