Charge: The Membership Committee is responsible for providing guidance and direction on how the organization’s membership system is managed. The Chair is appointed by the President for a term of one year. The Chair may appoint additional members to the Committee as needed.
Duties: The primary responsibility of the Chair/Committee is oversight of the membership management software, Wild Apricot, as described below.
The Membership Directory is no longer published in print, but is available to members on NOCALL’s Wild Apricot Site. Members must first Login, then click on DIRECTORY in the upper menu. If you have trouble logging in, you can Reset Your Password.
Membership: New Members
New Member Applications
- New members can join on NOCALL’s Wild Apricot Site by selecting the appropriate membership level and following the site’s prompts. Membership level descriptions are available on the homepage.
- Registration, payment (online or offline), and welcome emails are all automated through the Wild Apricot system.
- Settings can be updated by the Membership Chair by logging on, choosing Admin View, and going to Members > Levels > New Applications. Changes to settings must be made in each Level.
New Members: 4th Quarter
- Bylaws provide that if a member joins in the 4th quarter (March, April, or May) his/her membership is automatically renewed.
- New Application settings in Wild Apricot should do this automatically, but if there is an issue, Membership Chair can manually extend membership renewal date to the next year.
- Potential members who inquire in late January or February should be told about the benefits of joining in the 4th quarter.
Review Bundles (early-May)
- Run saved search for Bundle Admins. Click through and review for known changes.
- Email admins using the Bundle Updates template, which lists bundle members and asks admins to communicate changes by May 15th.
- Update bundles as needed prior to May 25th (renewal notices are sent 7 days before June 1st renewal date).
- Settings can be updated by the Membership Chair by logging on, choosing Admin View, and going to Members > Levels > Renewal Policy. Changes to settings must be made in each Level.
- Before May 25th: email NOCALL Listserv to alert members that renewal notices are coming, and that they should make sure their email address is up to date in the system.
- May 25th (7 days before renewal date): system will generate invoice, change membership status to “Pending – Renewal,” and send renewal email reminder to members and bundle administrators.
- June 1st (renewal date): system will send renewal day email notice to members and bundle administrators.
- July 1st (if not renewed within 30 days): system will send grace period email notice to members and bundle administrators.
- Bylaws provide for suspension of membership for members who have not renewed by the beginning to the second quarter (September 1).
- August 25th: email NOCALL Listserv to alert members that unpaid memberships will lapse on September 1st, and to check status by logging in to the system.
- September 1st (if not renewed within 91 days): system will void invoice, change membership status to “Lapsed,” and send lapsed email notice to members and bundle administrators.
- Manage Wild Apricot site by troubleshooting, monitoring settings, making manual changes to member’s profiles as needed.
- Communicate with Treasurer regarding payment issues. Report membership numbers upon request (usually once a year in Fall for reporting to AALL).
- Update email templates with current Treasurer’s address for payment by check.
- As a Wild Apricot administrator, Membership Chair may be called upon to assist with various tasks related to Events, which are also managed on Wild Apricot (e.g., nametags)