2016 – 2017 Committee Members
Cathy Hardy, Co-Chair
Sherry Takacs, Co-Chair
The chair is appointed by the President for a term of one year. The Chair may appoint additional members as needed.
- To administer all NOCALL grants given out during the year.
- Candidates must be members of NOCALL. NOCALL members may receive more than one NOCALL grant to an AALL function and more than one NOCALL grant to a NOCALL function in their lifetime.
- Applications from first-time grant recipients will have priority. An application for a second grant award may be made when three (3) years have passed since the award of the original grant
- Special circumstances, as determined by the committee, may nullify the three (3) year waiting period
- Members of the grants committee are ineligible to apply.
- Members may receive grants to non-AALL and non-NOCALL sponsored events when the topic is of importance to the law library field and professional development.
- The grants will be awarded on the basis of:
- Proven ability and/or expertise in the topic field.
- Financial need.
- Promise of future usefulness and permanence in the law library profession.
- Willingness to share material
- Manages distribution of NOCALL grants for the AALL Annual Meeting, the NOCALL Annual Workshop, the NOCALL Annual Institute, and other non-AALL and non-NOCALL sponsored programs.
- Establishes the number and dollar amount of the grants.
- Sends a copy of the grant application form to NOCALL members by arranging for the form’s inclusion as a link in the listserv announcement of the grant opportunity, and in the NOCALL newsletter.
- Reviews and evaluates the submitted applications according to pre-established criteria.
- Selects the candidate(s), notifies the successful candidate(s) and announces the recipient(s) of the grants. The recipients are notified and a message is sent to all applicants thanking them for their participation and encouraging them to apply again.
- Successful candidates are announced at the next meeting and newsletter.
- Sends list of successful candidates along with award amount to Treasurer, using the Treasurer’s reimbursement form.
- All grants that are not used revert to the Board for disposition.
- Maintains file of application forms, completed applications, list of recipients, resolutions and letters.
- Send email announcement and link to application form for NOCALL workshop in September. Publish form in NOCALL newsletter as publication deadline permits. Award grant(s) for workshop.
- Send email announcement and link to application form for NOCALL Institute out in January. Publish form in NOCALL newsletter as publication deadline permits. Award grant(s) for Institute.
- Send email announcement and link to application form for AALL Annual Meeting in March. Publish form in NOCALL newsletter as publication deadline permits. Award grant(s) for Annual Meeting
- Announce and administer other grant opportunities as they arise during the fiscal year.
- Announce grant recipients at the Business meeting in May.