The chair is appointed by the President for a term of one year. The Chair may appoint additional members as needed.
- Establish connections with students and faculty at San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science for the purpose of promoting law librarianship and recruiting new law librarians into the profession.
- As a secondary charge, establish connections with Northern California law schools for the purpose of promoting law librarianship and recruiting new law librarians into the profession.
- Make faculty and students aware of NOCALL activities by making sure the schools receive and encouraging them to post the NOCALL newsletter.
- Encourage students to become active in NOCALL and AALL by mailing meeting announcements and having committee members greet and talk to students who attend meetings and join NOCALL.
- Write regular committee report for NOCALL newsletter.
- Work with Grants Committee to disseminate grant applications for workshops, institutes and annual meetings.
- Participate in receptions and career panels at schools.
- Invite Deans to speak to NOCALL members on an annual basis and/or interview them for NOCALL newsletter.
- Work with other NOCALL committees to develop and coordinate internships, job counseling, and mentoring relationships for students.