March 21-22, 2014: NOCALL 2014 Spring Institute to be held at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco - Please save the date for our annual Spring Institute: Navigating Rough Seas, Charting a Course for Success. Follow the link to the tentative schedule, online and mail-in registration forms, and vendor information.
- March 3, 2014: Polls open for the 2014 NOCALL Election – The 2014 NOCALL Board Election will begin Monday, March 3, 2014 and will conclude on Monday, March 24, 2014 at 11:59 pm (Central Time). Candidate biographies are now available at the NOCALL election website. On March 3rd, the AALL Online Election System will send an email to eligible NOCALL voters, providing each with a password for online voting.
- March 10, 2014: Deadline for submissions to Noshing with NOCALL, to be e-published on iTunes in time for the Spring Institute. NOCALL members are invited to submit favorite recipes, videos of the preparation process, and photos of the finished product using this easy link.
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: The California Library Association’s “Spring Fling,” Basic Cataloging with RDA, will be held in Sacramento at the California State Library. The registration deadline is March 5, 2014, at 5:00.
- Friday, March 15, 2014: Deadline for submission of nomination forms and supporting documentation for the 2014 NOCALL Professional Achievement Award and the 2014 NOCALL Advocacy Award. Information about both awards and the nomination forms for each are available at the Nocall website. Nominations should be submitted to Chuck Marcus, Past President of NOCALL and Chair of the Awards Committee.
- March 25, 2014: NOCALL’s Open the Government.org’s Sunshine Week Program at Pacific McGeorge School of Law, 8:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m. Join us for a lively discussion with 2 exciting panelists who have first-hand experience in advocating for the public’s right to know, both from the legislative side and litigation side of the issue: Tom Newton- General Counsel and legislative advocate for the California Newspaper Publishers Assn. and Juan Cornejo – Assistant General Counsel, the McClatchy Company. Cost is $20. Registration information will follow.
- April 1, 2014: Application deadline for AALL grants to cover the cost of registration for the Annual Meeting to be held in San Antonio, July 12-15, 2014, or for workshops associated with the Annual Meeting. Grants are available for experienced AALL members, as well as for students and new members. To apply for a grant, go to AALLNET, select the “Member Resources” drop-down, and then choose “Grants, ” next link to “AALL Annual Meeting Grants.” Please contact Susan Boland with any questions.
Past NOCALL Events: 2014 | 2013 |2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000